Friday, November 7, 2008

The Mixer


First of all I must tell my wife that I love her deeply... I really wanted to share a quick story with everyone about how much Kristin loves her Kitchenaid. So, when we got married I bought her one of those expensive Kitchenaid mixers, the sexy black one. Lets fast-forward to this week. Just on Monday, she was using it to grind her own wheat (to make some wonderful home made bread), and the dang thing locked up on her. I was a little frustrated because we had only had the mixer for about 18 months, and it was so expensive, but thought oh well that was fun while it lasted. Well, I guess she had grown attached to it emotionally because when it locked up she was so sad... The next two days were hard because she was so upset and couldn't drop the fact that her kitchenaid was ruined. I had mentioned to her that we could look into getting it fixed and before I realized what I had suggested, she was sending me emails with information on how to fix it myself... Being the great husband that I am that night I decided to to tear into to the mixer and fix the machine myself. 2 hours later our kitchen counter was covered in kitchenaid parts, it smelled like a shop from all the grease and oil that was in the unit too. I had discovered why it had locked up! The inside parts had pretty much melted to the metal housing of the mixer, no way that it could be fixed unless it was machined by the manufacturer. With the warranty expired, and the parts melted, there was little that could be done about the mixer. I thought the story ended there... but Kristin wouldn't give up, after a call to Kitchenaid and a long wait on the phone, she was able to get them to send out a new sexy black mixer free of charge in 7-10 days and after we get the new mixer all we need to do is send back the broken one. So, now I'm faced with the decision to send back a box full of parts or put it all back together...

3 comments:

Maryann said...

I would be distraught if mine broke too! It's a good thing they're sending you a new one!

The Sevy's said...

So I got some questions for ya. My mixer broke too when it was just over a year old. I've tried to find a number to call but I can't ever seem to find a number where I can talk to a person. What number did you call and how did you get them to send you a new one?
-Your mixer less cuz

Dean said...

That's cool they sent you a new one. Laura wants one of these really bad! Check out our blog dlhutcheon.blogspot.com Nate, do you talk to Brian at all??